How to Sell Your Home in a Weak Market
So you've already hired an agent and listed your property for sale, or you may be trying to sell your home on your own. Either way, weak demand in a weak market can make selling any home more difficult than it otherwise might be. Here area few things to think about to get your home sold:
- -is your asking price competitive with similar homes on the market in your area?
- -have you spruced it up to make it look appealing?
- -is your home is being advertised for sale in places where potential buyers look and is there someone who actually answers the phone or an email inquiry when a prospective new homeowner calls or emails? (Ask your real estate agent about this if you have one.)
- -do you make it convenient and easy for real estate agents and their interested and qualified buyers to see your home?
- -have you spoken with area bankers about what it will take to sell a home like yours - estimated value, required down payment, financial ratios for buyers, requirements and what to expect from an appraisal and from home inspections - things that can delay or stop a sale?
These are just a few of the things YOU control that can expedite and make easier the sale of your home ! More coming soon!